Here's how it happened. Team and I arrived at 8am ready to start merchandising. Stock arrived at 9.30am. This is pretty good. Only an hour and a half lost. We started cleaning and discovered the removable shelves were still not removable. Called contractor. "One hour, Miss Lynn." "10 minutes, Mr Contractor." "Yes, Miss Lynn. 10 minutes." One hour later, removable shelves are removable..jpg)
The Selector sign seems to have fallen down. "Tomorrow, Miss Lynn." "Today." "Tomorrow morning." When things really don't happen, I have to ask Ali to come and kick rear ends. Ali duly arrived and here he is, kicking rear ends. "Colourful vocab, Mr Ali." "Results, Miss Lynn." (The Selector sign has been taken away altogether now. Don't know when it will be back!)
.jpg)
First product hits the shelves. "You'll need a bit more space between those Sleeksters, team. We don't have masses of stock here."
.jpg)
"Nice, but what are we going to put on all these other shelves? Let's get some space happening."
.jpg)
Question: How many IT boys does it take to get a till working?
Answer: I still don't know. The till doesn't work! And yes, guys, we really do need that selector price offer. Tomorrow, then?
.jpg)
The Vintage Button. Useful for the little gap at the end of the fixed bay. Handy for the glass shelves. Just the right height for that silly shelf with no space in it. I wonder if I've overdone it?
.jpg)
"Lynn, are you going to help, or just stand there taking photos?"
"I'm going to stand here taking photos. I have a responsibility to the blog followers."
Question: How many IT boys does it take to mill around after you've confirmed that the tills don't work and we really do need the selector price offer tomorrow?
Answer: How much more space have you got in the store?
Here's my flagship bit of merchandising. The Power Bay, showcasing our full Valentine's Day range. Perhaps I could fit some more Vintage Buttons on there?
7pm. Every bit of stock we received from the warehouse is on the shelves. A double order is in for tomorrow. The Selector sign still isn't back. The tills still don't work. The Countdown clicker is running. Can we do it for Thursday?? Can you send me the UK IT team?Watch this space. We're getting close.......
.jpg)
Have you tried turning the tills off... and then back on again? No need to thank me.
ReplyDeleteAh, someone is an "IT Crowd" fan. That was my very first thought when I read the tills weren't working. Well said, Simon :-)
ReplyDeleteEverything is looking GREAT, Lynn. I am just so excited for you (although I can imagine it is a bit nerve wracking too)
Hope you're having a good weekend and not spending your time worrying (or looking for the Selector sign!)
xx