Thursday, 26 August 2010

Directors Audition for Estate Worker Jobs

Judy Buckley works her team hard here and everyone knows she won’t take any nonsense. So on our way back from the Lake View it came as no surprise to be told we were to get our hands dirty and contribute to the running of the estate in a practical way.

Some new cocoa trees needed planting out, and a Rabot Estate worker can tackle up to 100 in a single day. We were put to work.

Heather was first up, and managed to plant 2 trees, which she named Dom and Josh, before being sacked for incompetence and childish behaviour.


And may I just say to the original Dom and Josh – I’ve checked the photos carefully this time. J

Mrs B told PK to get his foot on the shovel, and before we knew it, 2 more trees were in the ground.

Peter was too slow, though, and my turn came all too soon.

My tree is called Andy and I hope its going to get very tall and strong, and always be waiting for me when I return.
Task-mistress Judy declared us all ‘not bad, for a bunch of beginners’ and allowed us to return to Boucan for some breakfast. I daresay the vacancies will still be on the website though!

No comments:

Post a Comment