A strange kind of day, today. I've been waiting so long for this to happen, and now that it's finally here, I'm not sure how I feel. A mixture of excitement, anxiety, impatience and butterflies. Probably not much sleep tonight, and the taxi arrives at 05:30.
Had a good send-off from the team at Mint House. Angus made a moving and heartfelt speech and there was much sobbing and wringing of hands and 'how will we get by without you' sort of distress.
Well, actually, Angus's speech was brief and funny, as you'd expect, and we all drank Hotel Chocolat Prosecco, and I got some very beautiful cream roses and a bottle of rather splendid Vintage Veuve Cliquot (because they know me well). And my lovely P&E team presented me with a travel guide called Culture Shock Bahrain! which is just about perfect. And there were some very funny
messages in the cards. And Peter Harris told me some good horror stories about people who've been arrested in Dubai. So that was all good.
Had a good send-off from the team at Mint House. Angus made a moving and heartfelt speech and there was much sobbing and wringing of hands and 'how will we get by without you' sort of distress.
Bon Voyage!!!!
ReplyDelete