.jpg)
So said our UK store designer when I sent photos of our site in Al Kout mall, Kuwait.
.jpg)
The mall is nice; it’s right on the seafront with waterside cafes, etc, as you can see. Our position is at the entrance to the mall. There is an entrance from the car park and the marina, and an entrance from the waterfront cafes. Both entrances come into a lobby, and then we are right there next to the lobby (and the ladies toilet).
.jpg)
The mall is in the north of Kuwait, in an area populated mainly by Bedouins. However, it’s also right next to the US base, and the oil fields, so lots of Westerners all the time. It’s also a destination for Saudi weekenders, but not so much, as they tend to head for Kuwait city in the south. (Why do they go to Kuwait, I wonder? It’s dry, as in, alcohol-free, and not as interesting as Bahrain.)I’ve noticed the pronunciation of “Saudi” here is literally as it’s spelt – Sah-ooo-di. Didn’t know that. I’ve started to speak Local too. You understand me, no? Why you do it that way? Please, like I show you. Thank you so much.
Kuwait is much more Arabic than Bahrain, and status/prestige/wealth are high on the agend
a. We’ll be putting our high price ticket items near the front of this little earner, for sure. .jpg)
I interviewed a couple of potential team members while I was there. Now, I’ve had some experiences doing recruitment for HC, but never, and I mean never, have I seen someone in an interview pick their nose and inspect the contents so intensely. Until yesterday, that is. Let’s say I felt he wasn’t the best brand fit, and we’ve still got a bit of work to do to find our Dream Team!
It’s the weekend now. Did I tell you I’ve moved to a new flat, with a much nicer gym and swimming pool? I have a cunning plan for Friday.
It’s the weekend now. Did I tell you I’ve moved to a new flat, with a much nicer gym and swimming pool? I have a cunning plan for Friday.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment